Known for their ability to cause structural property damage, carpenter ants can wreak havoc over your house. While multiple options are available to get rid of them, be it DIY methods or getting help from professionals in the market, a question that always piques interest is: Can you get rid of carpenter ants permanently?
In the article, we’ll explore the different methods of carpenter ant removal in Lakewood, WA, and strategies that could help one permanently eliminate carpenter ants from their home.
What are Carpenter Ants?
Before understanding what needs to be done for carpenter ant removal in Olympia, WA, it is imperative to learn about the characteristics of carpenter ants and how they enter your home. Unlike termites, Carpenter Ants do not consume wood but excavate it to create their nests. They move towards moisture or wood that is on the verge of decaying and are often found in places that have water damage. It is important to learn about their hiding and nesting places so as to deal with them effectively.
What kills carpenter ants the best?
The first step to getting rid of carpenter ants is figuring out the source of infestation. The carpenter ants tend to build a central nest and multiple satellites. Usually, the central nest is outdoors on a tree stump, and the indoor nests become satellites to it inside the homes. Signs of carpenter infestation include tiny sawdust-like piles near nesting sites, sounds coming from the walls, and the presence of large ants. If you suspect carpenter ants have infested your house, reaching out to a professional at the first sign is important for pest control in Tacoma, WA.
Can you permanently get rid of carpenter ants?
There are plenty of ways to eliminate carpenter ants from your house, but all it takes is perseverance or help from an expert who can easily handle things for you.
Do it Yourself Methods.
In case you want to tackle the challenge on your own, getting rid of large carpenter ants can be demanding since they enjoy staying in colonies and huddling together in hiding spots. The first step is eliminating all food sources. Seal off your pantry, remove all food sources ants can access, and keep the kitchen counters spick and span.
- Seal all cracks and openings you have in your pantry section or any entry point the carpenter ants can access to get to the food.
- One easy method that can help eradicate entire colonies of carpenter ants is using a homemade solution of Boric acid mixed with sugar as bait. The ants will collect the remnants of this solution and will carry it to their nests.
- A substance called Diatomaceous Earth can also be sprinkled around the infested area to get rid of ants. It is harmless to humans but can be lethal to ants, thus helping you in carpenter ant removal in Gig Harbor, WA.
What is the fastest way to kill carpenter ants?
- The fastest way to get rid of carpenter ants is to get help from the experts through pest control companies in Tacoma, WA. Since they work in small colonies and leave the nest elsewhere, tracking their movements and effectively getting rid of them is highly tedious. But with an expert carpenter ant removal expert\’s help, you can permanently eliminate the ants from your home.
- DIY Methods could also work if it\’s a small-level infestation, but a more substantial carpenter ant infestation requires professional intervention from pest exterminators in Tacoma, WA. The pest control experts come equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge that can help locate, track, and eliminate these carpenter ants successfully. They may use chemical treatments, baits, or even fumigation to eradicate the infestation.
Top-Notch Advice from The Pest Experts
- Maintain the Landscape around your house: Keep the trees, branches, and shrubs neatly trimmed and pruned away from your home to prevent ants from entering your home.
- Since carpenter ants are attracted to damp wood, keep the moisture at home in check. Fix any water leaks or moisture problems in your home as soon as you detect them.
- It is imperative to keep things in your home orderly, not just to keep the carpenter ants at bay but also other types of pests.
- Periodic inspections for carpenter ant removal in Lacey, Tacoma, and Federal Way that have been scheduled at regular intervals can be a boon to catch and manage these infestations on time.
In conclusion, while permanently eliminating carpenter ants may seem like a daunting task, it can indeed become an easily manageable one with timely intervention and taking the right steps. Professional pest control services with DIY Methods can be the way to ensure your home remains ant-free in the long run.
Understanding the carpenter ants’ behavior and their love for damp wood and moisture can be the way to track them and eliminate them before they wreak havoc on your property. By following the strategies that have been outlined in this blog, you can significantly reduce the risk of carpenter ant infestation and protect your home’s structural integrity. With a sound plan, you can enjoy a past-free home for years to come. To avail of trustworthy and reliable carpenter ant removal in Auburn, Puyallup, and University Place, please get in touch with Long Pest Control. We’re the pioneers of keeping homes & businesses safe and sound from pests and rodents and will be happy to help you protect your space as well. To schedule an appointment with our expert, give us a call today.